We had a great Advisory Group meeting in May
We are nearing the end of our quantitative analyses for the nationwide survey and wanted to share our results with our Advisory Group to get their feedback. We had a fantastic Advisory Group meeting on 29 May at Massey University in Wellington, which helped us to further interpret our study findings, gave us a few more ideas for analyses and set us on our way to completing the survey report.
We still have a lot of work to do, but are making good progress. The next steps for the project are to:
- complete our final analyses and the survey report, and then share our results with the wider nursing community. We hope to travel to DHBs around New Zealand to share our findings with the nursing community so stay tuned for more news.
- prepare scientific papers on the survey findings for publication
- complete qualitative analyses of the open comments in the survey
- develop the Code of Practice for managing shift work and fatigue in nursing
- develop educational materials for managing shift work and fatigue for nurses and their managers