The Safer Nursing 24/7 team would like to thank all of you who have provided feedback on the draft National Code of Practice for Managing Fatigue and Shift Work in Hospital-Based Nursing. The public consultation period has now officially ended and we are working through the feedback we have received. This feedback will be taken into account when creating the next version of the document.
We have had a very positive response to the draft Code of Practice and have been invited to meet with a number of organisations during the consultation period. We have met with representatives from:
- Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety, Hon Iain Lees-Galloway
- Chief Nursing Officer, Ministry of Health
- Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health
- Safe Staffing Healthy Workplaces
- Health Workforce New Zealand
- DHB General Managers of Human Resources
We are grateful for the ongoing support for this initiative and look forward to sharing the next version of the Code of Practice with you.